Jan 15, 2012

Trade Review: ALXN, CBLI, HGSI, VPHM, NSR

I made plenty of trades this week. Probably a bit too many. My losing streak made me to become even more careful with my trades. I decided I will start taking smaller positions, not risking more than $100 on any trade, preferrably even less. And second, I'll start monitoring markets even closer as there are obviously only brief moments of momentum when swing trading has risk reward ratio high enough. Consequently, I was loaded in five positions when I realized that markets may be ready for a correction. I got scared of further losses and sold them all on January 9. Markets eventually rallied, but most of my stocks basically went nowhere or fall after I sold them, so I was at least able to finish one week positive after several negative weeks.

I'm not going to spend any time on discussing every single trade this week as all charts are well annotated. Probably the lesson from the past several trades should be that I should strictly focus on the best longer term patterns as these seem to have the highest breakout probability in this market. Also, simply taking profits in 5 to 10% range may not be a bad idea as most breakouts simply fail soon after they make some initial progress.

ALXN: +7%/+$250



CBLI: +7.1%/+$96


HGSI: +5.8%/+$68


VPHM: -1.7%/-$24


NSR: -1%/-$28

No comments:

Post a Comment